Woodland Children’s Centre has reopened under the new enhanced requirements.
Our families and staff come each day and go through a thorough assessment process prior to entering the building.
- Assessment questionnaire
- Temperature taking
- All personal belongings are sanitized prior to going in the building and kept in a personal poly drawstring bag
A staff member then takes the child to their teacher to begin their fun-filled day. We have totally revamped all of our programs to follow the Ministries guidelines which in turn will keep everyone safe and still manage to learn through play.
- Carpets have been removed and replaced with mats that are washable
- Fabric toys and any wooden toys that would not sustain the multiple cleaning have been removed
- Spaces and activities have been planned for physical distancing
- Toys and equipment are rotating constantly for extra sanitization
- Teachers serve the meals instead of family-style
- Extra space between the cots/cribs
- Staff wear masks during food handling and diaper changing or when physical distancing is not possible ( such as a cuddle)
- We are under strict guidelines to have no visitors in the building, and monitor the staff movement as well.
- The playgrounds have been separated into smaller areas to allow more classes to be outside 3 times daily weather permitting.