There is no greater love than the love we have for our children which begins at infancy. Woodland is here to ensure the needs of each individual are met by offering stimulating and creative activities.
Our aim for all children here at Woodland’s is to respect themselves and have consideration of each other.
Daily involvement in the business has enabled Terri Watt’s continued success as a Day Care Director. Terri received her Early Childhood Education diploma in 1981 from Sheridan College then started Woodland Children’s Centre in 1985 with Duncan her husband. Since 1985 the Centre has grown from 32 to 170 children. Woodlands has grown with 2 large additions and we are constantly upgrading the facility. Our 3 large park-like playgrounds allow a spacious and protected area for gross motor activities. The little house that grew has encouraged more than 2000 children over the years and continues to make a difference in children’s lives.
- Every child deserves a positive learning atmosphere. Our intimate school and qualified caring staff provides this for the child.
- Our aim is to stimulate your child with our exciting programs consisting of:
- Two hours of outdoor play develops their gross motor skills, interactive play, problem solving, and overall good health
- Creative activities which create fine motor skills and stimulates their curiosity
- Cognitive circles create a time for learning and listening
- Free play helps develop initiative and independence
- Dramatic centers and indoor activities will develop self esteem, gross motor and communication skills
A home cooked nutritious lunch and two snacks are provided each day. Weekly menu plans will be posted to assist you in your own menu planning.
Children are disciplined in a positive manner, at a level that is appropriate to their ages. This promotes self-discipline, ensures health and safety, respects the rights of others and maintains our equipment.
Behaviour Management will guide children in a positive manner that is appropriate to the age and development level of the individual. The behavior management strategies are designed to foster self-discipline and appropriate behavior while holding the child’s self esteem in the highest regards, they will help children develop a sense of self discipline in a co-operative, consistent and caring environment.
Our staff are committed to caring for your children. Teachers are graduates of a recognized child studies program. Our Director and staff have received many compliments for their commitment to open communication with parents.
- Early Childhood Education College diploma
- CPR and First Aid Trained
- Criminal reference check
- All requirements set out by the Day Nurseries Act of Ontario have been fulfilled
- Registered with the College of E.C.E’s
Woodland Children’s Centre is fully licensed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services; we adhere to the Day Nurseries Act of the Ontario Government.
Routine inspections are done by the local Health and Fire Department
as well as the Region of Halton Social Services.
Woodland Children’s Centre is proud to be a long standing member of the Association of Day Care Operators (ADCO) and a member of the Board of Directors for 10 years.
- Walkathon for Hospital for Sick Children
- Member of Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)
- Burlington Post Reader’s Choice Award for Best Day Care in 2010, 2011 & 2012
- Sponsor of many local sport teams
- Participate in High School Co-Op Programs participate in Community College placement for student teachers
- Participates in the Heart and Stroke Big Bike fundraisers
- Participates in the Share Noel campaign with Glad Tidings Church